Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election night in America

am back from my trip to Italy, and glad to be back to sit at the computer and watch election results, minute by minute today. Statewide, we have a few interesting races to montior, Senator Landrieu and Jefferson/Moreno race in House. My baseball training comes into action here, I just love the play by play...
I feel the energy all over the city today; may pop over to Mother-In-Law Lounge to check in with election night hooplah; more likely the jet lag will catch up with me again and I will not make it. The folks around the world are watching so closely to see what we believe in; sorry that it is defined by the race of 2 already powerful men with millions of corporate bucks supporting them.

As many of you know, I do not vote on elections- not a believer in continuing the illusion of representative democracy; I'd rather believe in direct democracy and will gladly vote on issues and work with those who currently hold power to change the world to a more equitable place; however, I can certainly see the immediate need in 2008 for a change at the Big House; hope all my friends get the change they want and so many of them have worked so hard for, and I further hope we can start to see a daily excitement among more people to get involved with the decisions that shape us...

No comments: