Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Poolhouse

For those of you not on Facebook, I add this post from "over there" and promise my full return to my blog in November. Much ready to add here.







Mandabita poolhouse. Grandfather built it in the early 1970s, and it was used daily by he and my grandmother til the late 1980s. I swam as often as I could traveling from the city (and had one or two poignant talks right before he died while he sat on the swing and I slowly swam), and then the pump broke right after he died. Jerry (stepfather) did his best but never had enough time. After K, the house needed major repairs from trees and Jerry did it all and Grandma came back for 7 months, then passed away with CDM at her side one a.m. Pool slowly fell apart. Seemed like the end. During late hot summer this year, Jerry fixed it. Seems like the grandparents are back somehow...

No comments: