Thursday, December 26, 2013

Get Goats Grazing, Y'Herd? | FundDat

Grazing with goats is a super idea for the many open, untended sites we have in New Orleans and had even before the 2005 levee breaks actually. This is a simple fundraising idea for an entrepreneur that wants to use goats to graze public and private green space. She has already been contracted to use goats on a park in the city (Brechtel Park) starting in 2014 and needs support to get her business prepared for the work ahead.
I see she also sees this as public art, which I'd have to hear more about to understand I guess, but the goat grazing is by itself an idea that I can certainly support.* Maybe you can too?

Get Goats Grazing, Y'Herd? | FundDat

 *I'd rather this be seen as a serious farming and landscape issue that helps urban people see that livestock can serve many roles in the larger natural survival loop.

No comments: