Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mahall's is rocking, giving Lakewood a big business boost - Cleveland Business News - Northeast Ohio and Cleveland - Crain's Cleveland Business

A good example of how a long time family business can find a new life with new enthusiastic owners. This is a bowling alley in my hometown of Lakewood. My 19 year old nephew (also his hometown) posted this story. Entrepreneurs that respect their place and keep things in scale are needed in every town.


"It isn't only financial success that Mahall's new owners seek. They identify five bottom lines: great finance, great customer experience, great creative partner experience, great staff experience and historical preservation."


Mahall's always will be home to Rebecca Mahall, who, like relatives before her, grew up in the more than 2,000-square-foot apartment above the business. 
“It meant so much to me that they kept the name,” said Ms. Mahall, 29. 
“That business was my great-grandfather's life until he died, it was my grandfather's life, it was my dad's life, it was my life,” she said. “It (selling) was the end of the era. When we sold the business, I was happy because I knew it was going to people who could do the things that we couldn't afford to do.”

Mahall's is rocking, giving Lakewood a big business boost - Cleveland Business News - Northeast Ohio and Cleveland - Crain's Cleveland Business

No comments: